Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bitching, whining and kvetching

I'm tired, I'm in a foul mood, and I am quickly burying these facts under a facade of happy Cap'n Kangaroo-like cheer. You know, for the kids! One of the biggest challenges right now is not being a total cunt to the kids I take care of, because I feel like a bitch on wheels. I also feel like duct taping my child into her crib with a sedative drip. For fuck's sake, shut up and sleep past 3 am. Christ.

Well! Now that the bitch, whine and kvetch fest is over, how are you? Are you well? That's nice dear. Despite everything I write here, I do have some good news-the flowers in my garden are blooming. The tomatoes are starting to turn red, the brussels sprouts are growing, the jalepenos are ripening and the broccoli is flowering. We have lady bugs, we have bees and we have butterflies. I love my job, I love my man, I love my kid and the world is a pretty place right now round these parts. So the fact that I feel like the night time is a nightmare is sure to pass. (RIGHT?) I'm slowly cleaning our master bath. I think it will take me two more nights at this pace, which is fine. As long as it gets fucking done. I found a seriously vomit-inducing black moldy funk on J's facet when I cleaned it-I was afraid. How long has he been brushing his teeth with and drinking moldy water? Gross doesn't seem to cover this...it was all I could do not to call poison control last night. Envision the conversation, won't you? Is there any way I would have sounded like a rational, intelligent human? I couldn't get a yes to that one out of myself, so I bleach the ever-loving fuck out of the sink area. This coming from some one who tries to use baking soda and vinegar to clean everything.

Today I plan to clean out a few old candle containers (the glass the candles came in needs to be rescued and used for something else.) and using these new treasures in the bathroom. I'm thinking about a lucky bamboo "garden" on the shelf by our shower. I'm going to get rid of a lot of crap I don't use anymore tonight, so that I'll have room for this new, useful idea of mine. Ahhh, the smell of fresh oxygen. Ahhh, the feeling of getting rid of useless shit. Ahhhhhh! A Spider!

One of the reasons I'm on such a cleaning/organizing/redecorating kick right now is the spiders. We have an official ass-load of the bastards around here right now. I keep finding them everywhere. Now, being the hippie I am, I like what spiders do. I try not to kill them, and I try to leave them alone or arrange transport to a safe place whenever possible. But when they decide to throw a convention in my house? It's time to take off the gloves and turn on the vacuum. Not that our house id filthy, there are just some areas that go undisturbed for long periods of time. Which, also apparently, is the equivalent of putting out a welcome mat and a few gallons of helpless, fat bugs, to spiders anyway.

The girls are done with breakfast, so despite the fact I have acres more to say, I'm going to leave you now. But! I'll leave you with this thought...74% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Have a lovely day!

No comments: