Monday, August 20, 2007

I get knocked down

For the past week I have been fighting what seemed at first like an Asian Death Flu, or even a Belgian Death Flu. I'm not sure which would be worse. I woke up last Sunday with the worst sore throat I can remember having, and I rushed off to the Urgent Care to make sure it wasn't strep, Hand Foot and Mouth, or any other massively contagious illness. Because I run the Day Care I need to be more anal than most on the illness front. And because of the Day Care the Urgent Care Doc put me on antibiotics. The first script was for something I told her I was allergic to. The second script was for a new drug called Levaquin. It turns out I'm allergic to that, too. So I had a cold, maybe a sinus infection?, and a severe allergic reaction. So now I'm back on solid food, I can spend more than 1/2 an hour away from the toilet, and I can drink water and even Eat! Food! without feeling like my stomach has glass shards coated in acid splintering around in there. Joy!

No comments: