Monday, November 5, 2007

Holy crap that was fast!



Last week I ordered some fabric from Sew, Mama, Sew! and hot damn, it came in the mail today! It even came with the pictured button, a little free goodie from the store. I loves me some free swag, you know. I think something as small as a button can sometimes make you feel like a special, important person. Actually, what makes me feel like a special, important person is that they got my super cool Russian doll fabric here fast. I appreciate this kind of service, and I'll order from them again.

The fabric is going to be used for the "Pleated Beauty Handbag" from "Bend The Rules Sewing." My mother in law is a nut for these little dolls, and she loves bags. Plus, she's getting her Masters (?) right now for education, which is being paid for by the school she teaches at. She works with kids with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and it's a job that is both very rewarding and very tough. It's also something this lady was meant to do, and those kids are lucky to have her. Mom in law has also had a pretty difficult couple of years, and I think this present, made just for her, will bring a smile to her face. I'll post pictures as soon as it's done!
---
So, that picture thing? That was way easier than I thought it would be. Shame on me for being so lazy. Then again, getting sleep on a regular basis makes one a little more motivated to do something other than grump and eat. SO! Here are some pictures I love. Just because I can!

No comments: