Thursday, January 24, 2008

All my urges belong to us

Well, baby decision is made. Hormones win, we'll see what happens. On the subject of urges, I've had the urge to go fabric shopping online lately. And to learn how to knit. There's a wonderful woman I know who has promised to teach me, and she could use some company. Her son had an aneurysm (or something, the doctors aren't sure) early this spring, and his wife recently broke her arm and shoulder, and seems to be co-dependent and useless anyway. So my friend Nance' is having a hard time, and she acted like she'd be so happy to have something else to think about, and a visitor to boot.

As far as online shopping goes, I recently purchased four embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching, and they rock. I finished my first piece last night, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I think I'm going to repeat it three more times and turn it into the tablecloth I promised my sister. She just moved into a new house with her boyfriend, and it would be a great house-warming gift. Plus, I can make the table cloth match the placemats and napkins I gave her for Christmas. Making things makes me so happy!

So with baby making and gestating coming, paperwork for the daycare pending thanks to tax season and all the gifts for friends and family I want to make, I'm not sure where the Etsy shop is going to fit in. I have until December 31st, but I'd like to have it open sooner than that. When the time is right, I guess. I'm channeling the Tao right now, and trying not to fight the current of my life so much. It's so difficult to let go of the illusion of control, have you noticed?

No comments: