Monday, January 21, 2008

Getting a head start

I'm really, really excited because Meg has opened her shop for pre-orders of two of her patterns. If you are related to me or a friend I see regularly, do not follow that link. I'm going to but two patterns and make the hell out of them.

I've enjoyed designing most of the things I've made. There's something so satisfying about taking an idea, some fabric and thread and a machine, and producing an entirely new object. But everything I've seen Meg make has been gorgeous, and there are far fewer "oops" areas visible in her projects. She's been an inspiration, even though I don't think I've ever commented on her blog. Besides, I've been drooling over that messenger bag since she first posted it.

I have to say that I'm so happy I've discovered the people I have online. While I haven't made any real friends yet, I have found this wonderful group of people who inspire me and share common interests and outlooks. These people, whom I've never met and only occasionally comment to, have become my adult interaction most of the time. Plus, they've been great teachers! I've learned so much in the past year from tutorials, looking at the brilliant art and photography of talented women (that are my age! Who knew the 27 to 35 crowd was so cool!) and from reading about what inspires them. I discovered the secret to a link list today, so this week I'm going to have my favorite blogs up to share. I hope that anyone who visits here, while they may not take a lot from my blog personally, will at least find something in the links that will make them smile.

No comments: