Friday, February 29, 2008

Just a little

Hi guys!
I'm doing OK, but it's been a tough week. I'm so happy that this month is ending. The cold, the gray, the endless freaking snow. Where the hell was this snow in November? Why isn't it above freezing now? Waaaaahhhh!

I've been purposely staying off the computer a bit this week: self employed taxes need done. I suck at record keeping, which makes the job so much more like having someone dump molasses in your brain so that the zombies will eat it faster. I'm learning a lot through this, like how stupid it is not to keep records up to date. Quicken has defeated me time and time again, and I am prone to giving up on things if they aren't easy to use. Which is why I'm learning to knit now instead of 15 years ago. So keeping the computer off has been my motivation to work on those damn taxes, so that all my info is ready when we go to have the pro do the actual tax work. BLECK.

In other news, I am re-dedicating myself to non-violence. I think that fake violence is hilarious, but I want the world to be a more peaceful place, and change must start from within. So I'm reading a few books by the Dali Lama and meditating on these ideas. The Owl and The Pussycat had a lovely post on the other day with a cool Buddha...go check it out! It really made my day. So peaceful.

Let's see, other things to check out...
  • The Vampire Weekend. Too cool.
  • Bedouin Soundclash. (The song starts at about 1:23 if you want to skip the intro...)
  • Freedom in Exile, by The Dali Lama
  • In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
  • The chocolate truffles at Whole Foods. They are Vegan, soo freaking good, and did I mention delicious?
  • Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. I am dork, hear me make sarcastic noises.
  • Curel's Natural Healing Lotion. It's the only one Curel make without Gelatin in it, and it works wonderfully. Better than the expensive stuff I was buying at Aveda.
  • Target's Italian Soda, especially the blood orange or pomegranate stuff. I did not care for the blueberry, it was way too sour.
Well, that's all I've got. Hopefully I'll get that bag (OR SOMETHING!) done this weekend to share. If not Monday is sewing night! hope you have a lovely weekend, and thanks, by the way, for the comments lately. I 'perciate it!

No comments: