Monday, February 4, 2008

This one isn't a novel.

I almost took my camera to the party, but I left it at home because I knew I'd be inebriated.

Damn damn damn.

The party was at my friends Lauren and Lee's place. Lauren was there first, and then decided Lee was being a good enough boyfriend, so she let him move in. Anyway, Lauren created a place with some unexpectedly gorgeous spots-my favorite was a mirror in a sink with a rope hanging in front. The rope had a scarf on it. Trust me, it was cool. IF ONLY I HAD A PICTURE TO SHOW YOU. Lauren promised I could come back and take pictures, which is fantastic. She has the most unpretentious and wonderful apartment I've ever seen. I can't wait to share!

We had an awesome time, arriving just after noon and staying until 11am the next morning. We did very little, and finally relaxed. It was great not asking everyone if they'd pooped or if they needed to go to the potty. And I changed not one dirty diaper. Which is fortunate, given the ages of the people there.

I also had the opportunity to talk to some of the crafty ladies that were about. Holy shit, I know some cool people! A really interesting and nice girl I'd talked to a couple of times revealed that she does craft shows, and asked if I'd be interested in sharing space. HELL YES! I think, if I remember correctly (not bloody likely) that there were 3 people definitely interested in going the Domesticrazy umbrella, and another 2 possibly interested. I need to work out details, but the basic idea is this: I have a shop on Etsy. My friends send me or give me stuff to sell there, under their own line name. I give them their money, minus a 5% operating fee. It's friends, so I may nix the fee, I may not. I'd be taking the pictures and managing the shop, so I may keep the fee just for sanity's sake. The other part of the deal is that these genius girls and I will get together once a month to hang out and make shit. Well, high quality items; I don't get to swear out loud often around here. BUT! That way we can teach each other what we know how to do, hang out and have a good time. Girl time. CREATIVE girl time, for money. It's a dream coming true. And the stuff these people know! I'm just too damn excited. But I promised no novels, so I'm going to go buy that hedgehog fabric I've been eying, unless it's sold out. If that's the case, I'll go take some pictures for tomorrow's post. Too many words = boring the crap out of you = Not good!

2 comments:

greenemother said...

I sooooo understand! We had a whole 24 hours to ourselves on Sunday and it was heaven. I thought it would be horrible but since we were partying with friends and I was busy talking the whole time, it was great! This was definitly a well needed break. Glad you had so much fun talking to other crafty women! It's awesome to see such a revival in the crafting world that's not old funky stuff! Please let me know when your store will be opening~

Domesticrazy said...

OK!