Monday, March 10, 2008

At least I finished something

This weekend was great, but odd. (I'm including today in that statement, for no good reason.) We were pummeled with 16 or so inches of snow on Saturday. There was so much that when we finally ventured outside it came up to E's waist! I managed to finish knitting her scarf Saturday morning so she was able to wear it outside, and she loved it. Which made me a very happy Mama, or Eddie, as she is now calling me. (Still in the Maisy-verse...) All our weekend commitments were canceled and so we spent the weekend together doing nothing. Well, there was a little laundry, but that was about it. It was wonderful. I even used the internets to learn how to do the purl stitch, so now I can make the girl the arm-warmers she wants! (To match her blue scarf, of course.) Saturday afternoon we decided to give her a special treat and let her watch "Finding Nemo." We don't watch TV so this was a big deal. But you know what? There are a lot of scary parts to that movie if you are 2, and even though she wanted to watch it again right after it was over I still felt bad about her getting scared. She had a little bad dream that night, one that was quickly soothed away by kisses, but still.

Yesterday my Mom came over and took her for the sleep-over we had to postpone for the blizzard. J and I had some nice time together, and between last night and tonight I managed to get Becky's bag finished. I'll post pics of all sorts tomorrow when J isn't waiting to write his service for Sunday. But, if you are counting, that's 2 (TWO!) projects completed! WOOT!

Today the mail delivery lady, who is, eccentric? decided to try to ramp the 16+ inch snow pile left by the plow in front of our mailbox in her 1984 ish Toyota. It didn't work out well, and ended up taking me, our neighbor's 14 year old, a random Stanley Steamer driver and two Mexican construction workers to get her out. Luckily it was nap time, so I could help.

Lastly, I am a nervous wreck right now. It will either be fine or it won't, but man! My brain keeps freaking out on me when I least expect it. Start lighting some candles or something for Friday, will you? I'm going to go distract myself with some sewing...

No comments: