Friday, March 14, 2008

Carrying a Micro-Wee

Thanks! Things are good: I now own a fuzzy black and white picture of a black circle with a smaller, white circle inside it. Which is my four week old, um, circle. I go back in two weeks for another ultrasound to make sure everything is progressing as it should, and to hopefully see something a little more developed. The yolk-sack is the right size, so that's good news. (With the first one, the first sign we had that something was wrong was an enlarged yolk-sack. This is one worry/milestone I can check off my list as "no longer a worry!") I'm still reeling a bit with the sense of unreality about the whole thing, and I haven't yet shaken the idea that I have to lose a baby before I can have one, but I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic. I might even be getting a little excited!

My Mom came in to pinch hit for me at the day care while I went to the doctor. After talking to her on the phone on my way home I've decided I owe her something really nice for doing this. Handling 6 kids at the same time can be tough, especially if you're not used to it. Luckily she only got peed on once, and it was by her granddaughter. (who hasn't had an accident in 2 weeks....) She left looking like she needed a nap, and without her urine-drenched socks, but promising to do it again for my next appointment if she could. I'm thinking I'll get her a Barnes and Noble gift card. And my heart, encased in gold.

Tomorrow I'm going to go out to lunch with my friend Jen, who has been having a tough time both at work and with throwing another friend a baby shower. I'm helping with the shower, so this will let us multi-task: I can cheer her the hell up and we can talk about what's left to do. I'm excited! I'm going to run a few errands solo before meeting up with Jen. They are all shower related, but I am going to luxuriate in the time I have sans anyone. I need some time alone, out of the house and getting stuff done! Then our friends Kyle, Molly and George are coming into town, and it will be lovely to see those three. Especially George, who is slated to become E's boyfriend. (It's an arranged relationship, but we really like his breeding, and he's so cute!) Molly knits, so this might be a wonderful opportunity to get some feedback and maybe some advice. If she's not in the mood for knitting stuff I've decided to take a class, but it'll be fun to show her my sad attempts no matter what.

Tonight J needs to write his service for Sunday, so I'm going to get sewing. I've scrapped the plans for E's Easter dress for two reasons. First, we're not Easter people. We follow a more Eastern type of spirituality and have been known to refer to this holiday as "Zombie Jesus Day." (No offense meant, but as horror fans it's too funny not to say!) Secondly, I have 15 bibs and 60 napkins to make for the baby shower, not to mention my gift. So I need to get moving since the shower is April 6th. I will still make the dress for her, it just won't be for Easter. She'll wear something she already has to church with her Bubba, and life will keep on rollin' just fine. The important thing is that she'll be sharing something that means a lot to her Bubba with her, because Bubba very much is an Easter person, and I love that about her. She'll have all her grandkids in church with her this year, and her sweet Catholic heart is going to melt with joy. YAY!

I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks again for commenting, it really made me smile. If I can figure out how to get the scan of The Circle on here, I'll share it!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

I came to see if everything went ok at the dr. and I'm so happy for you that it did!!! (also, I'm sorry your mom got peed on . . . eek!)

Domesticrazy said...

Thanks! My Mom runs a farm, so getting peed on is nothing new. When I called her this evening she was taking a nap, so I think the kids really took it out of her!