Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hot Damn, it's been a week.

I'm not sure what the hell happened to my brain this week, or last week for that matter. Actually, I think I may have figured out what my mental problem is, but I'm going to keep you in suspense. At least for a little while. Life is more fun when you have something to look forward to, isn't it?

Things here are progressing nicely. I have figured out how to spell Dalai Lama, and I finished reading his autobiography for the second time. I find his writing wonderful to read. Next I'm going to tackle Egan's The Keep, then the Bhagavad-Gita. After that I'm probably going to go to the library and pick a biography or two. With no TV for four years now, I'm beginning to miss A&E and Peter Graves. I love people's stories. Even my friends, I just love to hear about their lives. Especially "how we met" stories: friends and couples and how they first met, those stories fascinate me.

I'm working as fast as I can on E's knitted scarf. I have no idea how some of you knit sweaters and the like. This thing has taken me forever, but I love it. There. I said it. I love knitting. Sign me up for stray cat of the month club. Maybe someday I'll be able to knit socks, which is my goal. I AM SO COOL.

This weekend J and I had a couple of hours to ourselves so that we could go suit shopping for the man. We ended up going to one of our favorite South Indian restaurants, and I used a gift card to get a back rest pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Have you gone into one of those places lately? So. Much. Stuff. It's insane! I found my pillow and ran out. The pillow's really comfy, though! I knitted while leaning against it last night, and was very content.

Well, that my random rambling for now. It's time to round these little ones up, take them outside and let them get DIRTY! Hooray for a warm day!

2 comments:

greenemother said...

You sound so familiar! Wait are you me? lol
First off, I hate those kinds of stores, total overload. Most of it is just junk.
Second, I love hearing people's life stories as well. I'm just in awe of humanity, honestly.
And third, I'm so happy to hear that you like knitting! It's so relaxing and sort of mediative! And once you start you can see an end in sight! Congrats on it all~
What did you eat at the Indian resturant? I love Indian food. I need to get a book on it.

Domesticrazy said...

I recommend Lord Krishna's Vegetarian Cuisine. We use it at least once a week, and it has the best Cashew Chutney EVER! All our friends are addicted to it now. I'm not sure what the name of what I ate was-it was a regional south Indian tomato curry sandwich thing. I nearly cried when I realized I forgot the leftovers! J really loves Bindhi masala, and I'll eat anything. Because it's all so good. Especially with Tamarind!