Monday, April 7, 2008

Holy crap, it's the SUN!

There are buds on the trees, it went above 70 yesterday (after a week of 30's and 40's. The weather here is insane.) and there is a big, shining ball in the sky that is rumored to warm the Earth.

I think spring may finally be here. J and I cleared out four big boxes of trash and junk from the basement yesterday, and I cleaned and mopped and gathered stuff for Goodwill. (My car is now full of stuff we don't need. Hooray!) I did a sage rub/energy cleansing last night, drank a glass of wine and watched a horror movie. The panic attacks have slowed down considerably. It's getting warmer.

Things are going to be OK.

I helped a friend give a baby shower for another friend yesterday, and I have lots of pictures to share, but I still need to get them from the camera to the computer. My lungs hurt because we had two fires going in the metro park shelter we rented to warm it, but it was worth the pain. It smelled so nice! Our friend had a great time. She's had a rough year, and was having a really hard time getting excited. Too many worries. She got a ton of stuff that will really help her, like diapers and clothes and toys, all the stuff she needs, really. It was great to celebrate the baby that'll be here in less than a month, see someone cheer up, and to do something positive. There was henna tattooing, belly dancing, art and music. And lots and lots of food. E went with me and was such a good girl! She even wore her yellow party dress (couldn't talk her out of it!) and decorated onesies and bibs. J spent the morning giving the service I wrote on Klaus Nomi,and then met up with us, taking the kid home for a nap because she needed one. It was a busy morning!

There's really no point to this post, except to say things are better. Tons better. For the first time in weeks I don't feel like something is about to drop on me, and that's a really nice change.

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

I'm so glad things are looking better for you!! There's nothing like a good closet cleanout and Goodwill run to lift the spirits :)