Thursday, April 24, 2008

Par for the course

So, you know that necklace? The one I've been blathering on and on about? Yep, baby reached out and grabbed it yesterday, ripped that sucker right off. Tomorrow I'm going to a local jeweler to get it fixed. I was pretty upset until I realized I could actually do that; get it fixed. But that was just my day yesterday, and it's today now, so I'm moving on. Looking forward to having the necklace back, though. Not going to wear it around the babies anymore. Kind of a "duh" right there.


In happier news, I called our local Barnes and Noble this morning and put two books I've been waiting for on hold. One is Schuyler's Monster, and the other is The Creative Family. I've linked to the author's blogs, not the actual books, because I love these blogs very much. Check 'em out!

Tomorrow night one of my friends is "kidnapping" me for a few hours. We're going to paint some pottery at a local store, and then have some dinner at a neighboring bistro. Asian bistro. With Zentinis. I'm looking forward to both activities, but I can't decide which one more than the other. It's a great problem to have! Tonight is John's night out, so I'm going to take my little one out to dinner, and maybe to what we call "the kid pit." It's a play area in the mall full of big squishy wild animals for kids to run over, jump on and have fun with. I might skip that in lieu of a walk, though. She loves the kid pit, but it's just too nice to be inside.

I'm potty training one of the kids, so I need to motor. She crapped her pants 5 minutes ago, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have to pee again. You know, potty training is not the most fun. Ah, well, it's part of the job. I guess if I get to garden and spend my days outside with laughing little ones, I have to deal with the accompanying poop and jewelery destruction. Well worth it.

No comments: