Monday, April 14, 2008

This might break one of the internets.

That lady on the left? She is the happiest lady on the planet. She is also the luckiest, because she has a friend like the lady on the right.

I went up on Friday night, and was greeted with hugs and Moonshine. That's a good friend, right there. One who knows exactly what you need before you do. (I promised her one good picture to offset the following one, which I love)

On Saturday we piled into the car and went to Amish Country. We went to Granny Fannie's Fabric barn, and when we walked in I started crying. Just a little. It was like walking in and being given moonshine: just what I needed. Beck helped me to pick out some fabric for a quilt she's helping me make. I will only make one, they are insane with the math and preciseness. She gave me instructions on a "Child level" quilt, and helped me get it started. I also bought a ton of fabric for shirts, bags, stuff for E, and more. I walked around the barn and other stores, completely blown away by how beautiful all the fabric and handmade quilts were. I looked at the prices of two that I loved. Any guesses? $1,000.00 Which is why I am making ONE quilt (with lots of help.) And here is a picture of the following statement: "HEY! You got more than me!" Yep, honey, and thanks.
Becky even has the "Big Ass Quilt Driver 3000" machine.

Do you see the handles? I was impressed not only by the size, but also the speed of her machine. That and the fact that she does beautiful work on it!


This is one she's working on. I do not and probably never will have the patience for something like this. One mistake and I'd be all "Fuck THIS!" and I'd never think about quilting again. Wait, that's exactly what happened about a year ago!

She has some really wonderful art in her studio and house, too. You can't see the detail of this one, but it was amazing. (I don't know what happened this weekend, but my photography skills went to crap. I have at least 25 blurry shots. Auto focus, why have you betrayed me!?) Beck also introduced me to this song, which will kill me before it leaves my head.


This is Mike! He likes Hot Wheels. A LOT.


I have never seen so many little cars in one place. He knows everything about each one...like where it came from, what it's missing, etc. He was also nice enough to drive on Saturday (sorry about the fingernail marks in the back seat, guys. At least I didn't pee when you turbo boosted us around that pothole!) so Beck and I could have a "really nice time" at the Vineyard we went to.
I'm not doing the room justice, but you can get an idea. It was amazing.

So was the weekend. I knew I needed a break, and I must have thanked Becky and Mike thousands of times. We went to a cheese making place, factory, thing. I got to eat pizza. After the day out we went to Raven's Glenn Vineyard and I did my first wine tasting. The restaurant there was fantastic, and we had a wonderful meal. Back at Beck's place I watched Saturday Night Live...ignoring the skits and waiting for Gnarls Barkley to perform. There was so much else, talking and laughing and just having a great time.


Here's the girl at the baby shower last weekend. I love the size difference between her and the present table! It's every child's dream to have a table like that...


Here's the big banner I made. It was really easy, so I might sell them in the shop if I ever get the damn thing up. I made a shot and long banner, but with posting 4000 pictures this post I thought I'd just show the one. And a detail:

Diaper bag made the night before:



And a topless Bill Murray, because I love him. He's aging well, that one. Looks better now than he did in his 20's and 30's. Like fine wine....

Really, there's no good reason for Bill Murray here. But if I may get sappy for a moment, I need to tell you something. I have the best friends. They call me back even if they are asleep, just to make sure I'm OK. They listen. They hold me when I cry, laugh with me when I need to laugh and steer me back to right again when I'm two inches from crazy. The people I love, they love me back. Which is why I cried when I read this and thought about all the people I'll never be able to thank, or let them know I love them, enough:

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." -Carl Sagan (From the novel "Contact." I am a geek.)

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

I'm DROOLING over those quilt shop pictures . . . I'm glad you had such a great time!

Domesticrazy said...

Thanks! Me too. Wait until you see what Beck put together for me...she is a genius with color and matching. I wear plaid with floral and am hopeless.