Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend...OF THE DAMNED

Actually, it was not too bad. But we need this freaking vacation, and we need it badly. We tried to stain the fence, but going was slow. E has had a fever of 101.5. She's been doing great with Ibuprofen, but the funk is making her very crabby and combative from time to time, too. I've pinched a nerve in my shoulder from holding her all day yesterday when I wasn't putting paint on. Plus, it went really, really slowly. We thought we'd finish the fence this weekend, but we haven't even finished a quarter of it yet. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I also get chronic shingles. It's the same virus as Chicken Pox, but instead of one or two bumps together all over your body, this is all the bumps in one big spot on your body. It hurts. It itches, and it's caused by stress. Like excessive worry, being generally run down and, well, stress. So Father's day was nice, but not really as relaxing as I'd hoped it would be.

We did, however, find out that our daughter is a gorilla. She refers to herself as "this gorilla." Awesome. And apparently "Daddy gorilla doesn't understand." Poor Daddy. He did gets lots of sleepy cuddles today, so I think that made up for it.

No comments: