Monday, July 21, 2008

Not quite the week I expected

The laundry didn't kill me, just so you know. Actually, it was a phone call the day after my last post. My doctor called after she received the ultrasound and mammogram photos. Loooong story shorter, she didn't like the look of the photos and wants me to get a biopsy done. She also insisted that I start the medicine to dry up my milk, because if the medicine works it will give them a better clue as to what the hell is going on.

I'm actually doing OK with this. I'm a little scared about the biopsy itself, because dude! Big needle in my boob! But I think the results will be OK. No real reason, just feel like this isn't going to be cancer. The medicine for the milk though, that stuff is nasty. I'm exhausted, nauseous, and my nose alternates running and stuffing itself with cotton. There's more, but you don't want to know. Luckily the scrip is only for ten days, so in 6 more I'll feel less like hell!

Unfortunately, due to the barfing and sleeping I didn't get to the bank this weekend. Banks can be a little challenging when you don't have a lunch hour to run out! So I'm concentrating on getting some pictures taken when I can/feel up to it. Mostly, though, I'm waiting for the Dr's office to call me back so that I know when the biopsy will be done. And sleeping.

Now I'm going to try and get these kids outside to play before the storms hit. If I'm feeling good I might post some more after yoga, but no promises!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

talk about a shitty weekend! I'm seriously hoping you're ok and that the whole nasty biopsy and yucky medicine mess is over soon. I'm sending all my happy thoughts your way!

Domesticrazy said...

Thanks man! I'm halfway through my meds!