Monday, July 14, 2008

Stimulation

We did it, we stimulated the hell out of the economy yesterday. We haven't received the check yet, but we know it is coming and we're not hard up right now, so we ordered the Wii package that comes out on Friday from EB Games. It's a Wii, two nunchuck things, two Wii remotes, four games and a charger. It'll ship Friday, so we'll have it within a week, if all goes well. Knocking wood like a mother.

I was thinking about adding the Wii fit package, but I'm not convinced it's anything more that Wii Posture. It says it has yoga, but the board it comes with isn't big enough for a mat-and the box pictured a standing pose. I don't know-do you guys know anything about Wii fit? My suspicion is that it's not really that effective or worth the money, but I'd love some input from anyone who knows!

:::

Yesterday I spent 3+ hours scrubbing our bathroom top to bottom. I'd show you a "before" picture, but then you guys would NEVER come visit. I bleached, dusted, redecorated, scrubbed and bleached some more. I removed the bath mats and scrubbed the floor. I was so inspired that I made a new mat last night from some of my favorite material, the blue pear stuff I'd originally picked out for the kitchen chairs. If I get a chance I'll try to take some pictures later today, but no promises. The next time I break out the camera I want to get the jewelry pics too. Eh, we'll see how it goes. But the bathroom is sparkling and I'm satisfied.

I won't lie to you: I am not known as the best housekeeper. It's not because I don't know how, it's because it takes a lot of effort to do it right. I am usually to tired for that much effort, thus my house is a mess. It's gotten tremendously better since I started the daycare. In the days of old the house was filled with beer cans, the beer cans were filled with ashes and cigarette butts, and the ash from various substances coated any available surface. I was either too high or drunk to notice the mess, I guess. Ahh, the halcyon days of yore. Now you could eat off my floors at least 3 days a week, and ash coats very little. Usually around an incense burner. I try my best to have a nice and comfy home, a safe place for the kids, and an area where I would like to spend my time. Sometimes it takes a huge amount of time, like yesterday, to clean up and organize a space I have neglected for months or longer, but in the end it is always worth it. If I could just figure out how to keep it clean...

Oh hell, I'm going to be too busy making jewelry and playing my Wii.

But on a final note, my husband is a fantastic cook. He made the best and most delicious Indian dinner for us last night. It took him over two hours, and it tasted GREAT! But I really wish he'd been doing the laundry he promised to do, instead. I'd have eaten Boca and frozen veggies and had a clean bra to wear today, and I would have been so very happy. I'm going to nail that man down and beat him until the laundry is done. OK, maybe not. But pretty soon he's going to run out of undies, and HE WILL RUE THE DAY HE SHIRKED ON HOUSEHOLD CHORES.

UPDATE!! The IRS was kind enough to send us the check. I'm going to put a huge deposit in the bank for my child's future education, and try not to cry because I know that this HUGE amount will buy her food for less than one quarter by the time she's off to higher education land. But still! Money for kid, Wii next week, beads this week, life? She is sweet.

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

oooh, Wii!!!! I want one soooo badly. Boy and I want one SIMPLY for bowling. We want to have bowling nights at home. We think this could make us quite popular.

I TOTALLY AGREE with the Wii fit by the way and i'm very interested in hearing if you get any responses on that!

AND MY BEADS ARE HERE!!!! :D

HollyLynne said...

I'm already working up my next FMG order, btw . . . I need some labradorite for that wedding necklace :)