Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Burrito night is making me hungry!

John is chopping zucchini, squash, onions, garlic, and more for our yummy veggie burritos tonight. I am sitting at the computer salivating and not helping him at all. E is eating unsalted cashews and being her little self, which alternates between super sweet, demanding and wailing banshee. She goes back to the doctor yet fucking again tomorrow to make sure the ear infection is gone. We're also going to have her checked for a bladder infection and any signs of a concussion.

Oh, did I mention the fall off the bench onto concrete at the zoo? Fell straight back, head first. Fell asleep in my arms as I was running to the first aid station. How the hell my hair is not completely white by now is beyond me. Anyway, all the checks after the fall have been OK, but she appears to have some major headaches going on, and a goose egg nearly the size of my fist on the back of her head. Which she keeps bumping. Poor girl. Except before she fell she had been warned no less than 20 times (no exaggeration here, there were three of us) to stop messing around on the bench or she was going to fall. I really wanted to issue the "Now do you understand why you have to listen to Mommy?!" statement after a few hours had passed, but by then I was just too exhausted and feeling too much pity for my girl. I've had several concussions, and I know the head pain. I settled for lots and lots of hugs and kisses. Do not enter parenthood, ye friends, unless you are ready to have the world scare you and kick your ass daily. It also rocks daily, but the ass kicking? No one really warns you about that. BE WARNED!

So I actually did help John with dinner, he needed it. And now it's time to eat!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Poor bug! I hope she AND YOU! are ok!

your burrito night sounds awesome. its lemon parsley potato and cauliflower cheese at our house tonight. i'll have some extra cheese for you! :)

Domesticrazy said...

Thank you for the cheese share!