Friday, September 26, 2008

Wuss!

I wimped out. After getting all the stuff done I needed to last night, getting E in bed and getting the house presentable for the day care it was 9:30. I looked at the envelope with Shred in it and failed, epically. I just couldn't bring myself to start the pain, so I assembled furniture and cleaned out some crap we don't need anymore instead. I will give it another go tonight, even if it's just to make Beck howl with laughter at my red, crying gasps of pain. We've got that kind of loving, supportive relationship.

On a completely different note, I may have found a new fabric softener to love. John keeps bringing home different fabric softeners, much to my distress. I am brand loyal like a maniac, and this constant switching has been making me a little, well, distressed. The stuff John brought home last time was from Giant Eagle (grocery store to the west coast crowd-they replaced Big Bear if you can believe it!) and if the clothes smell as good coming out of the dryer as they did going in, I'm going to be a convert.

Again, to switch subjects, Beck and I don't really agree politically. I've got a serious hard on for Obama, she's all about Nader. We respect this about each other, but when I invited her to watch the debate tonight there was silence on the other end of the phone for a minute, then "Uhhh, hell no." Thank goodness for the internets; I'll be able to catch the debate there. John will be watching, too, so at least I'll have a play by play while assembling yet more furniture.

I'm off to get kids good and messy with flour and water. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

true debate said...

The 1992 Presidential Debates with Ross Perot were not dull. His warnings have now come true. Replace John McCain with Ron Paul. Add Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney. Barack Obama must earn his victory, not win by default.

Washington University '81

Domesticrazy said...

Well True Debate, thanks for your input. Not what I was talking about, and what does Washington University '81 have to do with any of this? I have no desire to replace someone who has admittedly compromised his ethics to win votes with someone who is an admitted racist, thanks. And since the last two elections haven't been fairly won, I don't think your point is valid.

I'd like to see more candidates represented in the debates, and a third party able to actually have some influence. Your "win by default" makes no sense; in order to fight back against the conservative media machine Obama has to be fairly savvy and very intelligent. These days, that's earning a victory. Moreso than having family and paid supporters running the board of elections in crucial states, and pushing for voting machines that can be hacked by the likes of non-techy me.