Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Holy tired, Batman


I woke up this morning more tired than I've been in a while. We're only been trying to get pregnant for about 12 hours now, so it's just about frigging impossible that I'm: 1) pregnant, or 2) far enough along to feel the effects of pregnancy. But this morning was a nice little reminder about what I have to look forward to: Brain numbing exhaustion.


The first time I caught pregnant my first clue was falling asleep at my desk at work. I would go out to my car to take naps at lunch, and then went home and went to sleep, because my day of sitting at my desk had worn me out. We won't get into the Sick yet, because I'm not even pregnant yet, and you'll hear enough about the Sick once I get there, but tired? I've got tired. Maybe I'm just practicing. Or maybe my body is reeling at all the healthy living going on here recently.

In either case, I'm OK with tired. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the day care when I'm tired for real, not that I'm not tired now, but the quality of actual pregnant-tired is different. IT feels like someone sucked all the energy out of you with a big Princess Bride type suction cup, and you're left reeling and trying to remember how to stand up without dozing off. You are also deprived of caffeine at this point, so the staying awake is a bit trickier still. After 12 to 15 weeks it goes away, though, so as long as you can manage not to drive into a tree for 3 to 4 months, you're OK.

Today I got lucky and only have the two babies plus E, so I can be sleepy without the constant questioning that accompanies group of 1.5 to 3.5 year olds. We're going to go for a walk, pour some soap into molds and eat some lunch. We might do some other stuff; we'll have to see where the day takes us.

I'm going to take some pictures of the soap, the Christmas bows, and the boxes I am making. Hopefully that will be a tonight update! If not, it'll be up by the weekend. I've also been hand-carding some fleece to spin, and I'd like to share that as well. I used to love spinning, and I hope to get that back into my life. The whole process is so soothing and perfect for winter. If only I was better at knitting or crochet...

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

such cute pictures . . .LOVE her hat! :D