Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mario hat craftiness

Here's John's Mario hat. It's much more cheerful than the Danger Boy from yesterday, who has been an angel today. Of course.

My model nearly broke her neck getting to the hat so I could take her picture. She's a ham, can you tell? No? Well, she is.


Front view!

Thanks for listening to yesterday's rant; little dude had me crying by the end of the day out of frustration. His mom told me that "he takes getting into things to a whole new level." Hell yes.

In other crafty news, I managed to get my costume cut out last night. I realized the reason I hate sewing with normal patterns is cutting around that horrible tissue paper. The patterns are so cool, but trying to cut them out accurately is not a strength of mine. But! I can start sewing at nap time today (if it happens) and will hopefully finish up tonight. If not I'm going to need the kids to nap tomorrow, because that will be the time I have left to finish it. It's so pretty, though! Even not assembled. I can't wait to show you!

And now, non-crafty news. I had a dream last night about pregnancy, falling asleep in a bathtub, the ex-boyfriend who signals transition through dreams, and lasagna. John was there, too. So, tomorrow being an auspicious day I'm going to go ahead and take a test. If nothing else it will let me know whether or not I can drink at the Halloween party on Saturday. So, we'll all know tomorrow, because I couldn't find out without telling you!

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm going to go eat some spaghetti, get the kids to sleep and sew like a mad woman. Keeping my mind occupied is essential.

Happy pre-Halloween!