Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend in speed review

Weird, wonderful and tiring.

We went to the pumpkin patch. Aces! Three awesome pumpkins, now carved and out on the porch. The seeds were toasted and are delicious. I ate so many the inside of one of my cheeks is tender.

E went through a whiny bought, but is recovering nicely. We went to one of the day care kid's birthday parties over the weekend, and I'm proud of my child for not acting like that kid did. She's a sweet one, but spoiled. I am sending positive energy to her parents.

If pride goes before the fall, I'm about to step off a cliff. I all but finished E's cape this weekend, and I added a hood. She's going to look great. I'm going to perma-stitch the gathers at the top during nap, and sew on the magnetic clasp. After nap I'm going to take a picture and post it, because I think it turned out really, really well for having used no pattern. Also, I have been informed that Blue Beetle is not really the child of The Beatles; that was a joke from Tiny Titans. He's a dude with an alien backpack and suit. I had no idea.

Tonight I'm going to finish John's Mario hat. We found his overalls at TSC (Tractor Supply Company-great place if you like farm stuff!) and he's going to get his red shirt tomorrow. While he's getting said shirt he's also going to pick up a blue sweat suit for out Ms. Beetle because it's goddam snowing here. I want to go to CA right the hell now. I hate the cold!

Aside from that all I have left to do is sew my entire costume by Friday. HA! Yeah, wish me luck on that one. Stupid procrastination/sickness.

What about you? How was your weekend?

4 comments:

HollyLynne said...

pumpkins!!! pictures?

boy and i bought a pumpkin, but aren't carving it until friday (as an activity, while we drink vampire wine, and watch 'the nightmare before xmas' . . .this is going to be the best halloween ever!!)

we also drove to the middle of nowhere to meet some dude in his storage unit so we could pick out fabric for the sofa we're ordering. boy now well and truly thinks i'm nuts, but you just watch, our sofa is going to be HAWT!

and there was a big screaming fight about the upcoming holidays and where we're spending them but i guess thats par for the course. right?!?!?? no, really, it wasn't that bad. we decided 95% of it completely rationally, it was just picking the actual time of our flights that left us wanting to smack each other. go figure. think i'll still marry him though.

Domesticrazy said...

Yep, pretty much par for the course. It gets better and worse. Mine'll decide what we're doing, wait for me to tell everyone, and then change it all. He then pretends that we never decided anything, and I end up telling people never to expect us anywhere, and if we do show up it'll a pleasant surprise. Plus, we bring our own food everywhere (veganism...sigh) so no one has to worry about cooking for us.

Then again, no flights are ever in our plans. Holy crap, that might cause us a brawl worthy of whiskey and swinging saloon doors!

I can not WAIT to see this couch. Did the guy in the storage shed still have all his teeth?

HollyLynne said...

ha, YES! he had teeth! It was actually all far more normal than it sounds. This is the sofa: http://www.customsofadesign.com/styles.php?s=parama

We're getting it in a really dark charcoal grey, woven fabric. With a loveseat and an ottoman style bench (we have a massive living room) (and lots of people who like to sit in it)

Domesticrazy said...

Nice! I love the lines! We usually go for big, comfy couches that are nearly impossible to get out of. Our criteria is "Would it be good to nap on?"