Friday, November 7, 2008

Beans and Pooh

If everything goes according to plan, Beans will be here tonight for a weekend of fun and Zoo and fabric and teaching me how to make fabric post cards. Which are beautiful. And again, I don't like quilting. I cut out all the pieces for an Ergo bag last night, and will hopefully get the chance to sew it either at nap time or tonight. That way I'll have a bag to take with us to the zoo for water and food and all the other crap I cart around with me at all times. Like my knitting.

Since it's supposed to be cool tomorrow, my guess is that we'll spend some time in the Aquarium, manatee house and reptile house. I'd also like to see the penguins, wolves, bear, lions and kangaroos. I'd love to see giraffes, but our zoo doesn't have any at the moment. It's a tragedy, I know. They have them on a reserve somewhere, so hopefully they'll be back someday. I love our zoo; the habitats are spacious and well designed, the animals are given enrichment activities and well cared for. Hooray Zoo!

On the Pooh front, E has been on a real Pooh kick lately. We've been reading her the A.A. Milne stories and avoiding the "new" Disney-fied Pooh as much as possible. Can't really tell you why, to be honest. For her third b-day next week I'm making her a Pooh blanket to go with the kitten we're getting her. I might make the kitten a bed, too. I can't wait to see the look on her face!

I woke up this morning worried about the pregnancy. My boobs didn't hurt, I was awake and I was hungry. Never mind that I was so tired last night I couldn't finish the Ergo bag, I went o bed early for me and didn't even knit; I fell right to sleep.

My boobs hurt now, however. I know this worry is the product of my past experiences, just as much as I know there is nothing I can do to change what's going to happen beyond what I am doing now. That doesn't mean I didn't spend an hour this morning begging the universe and every version of god I know to let us have this baby. To let the baby be smart, and healthy and with no deformities. I want someone to call at times like this, someone who can tell me that everything is going to be fine or not, can tell me what is going to happen. That person does not exist. This insanity, or little bit of insanity, anyway, made me realize I need to chill out. So I'm going to re-read The Tao of Pooh again. If you haven't read it, it's a great way to get the Tao. Or just calm the hell down.

And that's it. That's all my brain has today. I'm going to go space out for awhile. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

not to be all tooting the Southern Calfornia horn but not only do we have griaffes, the Santa Barbara Zoo has a wack-ass giraffe with a BENT NECK. Yep, its true. See, he's on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara_Zoo

That is so sweet about the kitten!! I'm sure she'll love it! Disney Pooh can be freaky . . .the Pooh ride at Disneyland is all neon and glow in the dark . . . very scary raver looking. Eugh.

And, I'm, er, glad? your boobs hurt! Seems like an odd thing to say, but really I am!