Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dr #1, please to take a seat

Sensitive boobs? Check.
Slight nausea? Check.
Farting more than ever? Check.
A little more tired? Check.
400,002 doctor's appointments scheduled? Check!

I saw my family doctor today. She told me how to wean off the Lexapro after I hit 12 weeks, gave me some advice and well wishes, then put me under orders to rest, take it really easy, avoid all stress, not to lift anything heavy and to remember that first trimester miscarriages are usually because of non-viable fetal tissue. So I'm supposed to chill out. Fine with me! I have my next appointment scheduled for next week with the OB-GYN. That's a fun one. I'm considered high risk after all the crap, at least for a while. So I get the ultra sexy and fun internal ultrasound when I go see the old dude that is my OB. On one hand, we get to see what's going on, rule out blighted ovum, a tubal pregnancy and the like. On the other hand, I get some old guy sticking a lubed-up stick in a very private place. No matter what, you just don't feel clean after that until you've had a shower. Ook.

The good/bad news is that I'm off 30 Day Shred for now, because my doctor thinks it would be a good idea for me to honestly take it really easy for the next 8 weeks. Just in case. She said easy to light moderate exercise is OK, but to avoid anything like the full body thrash that Shred is. So after I take the DVD to my friend's house for her to try it out I'm going to send it back to Netflix. I'll pick it up in a store once I've popped. Such a good workout! Glad to be off it for now!

Oh, and I would be remiss in not mentioning Voting Day! OBAMA! GOBAMA! I sincerely hope we see a change in the way this country works. I can't watch a ton of election stuff tonight because I'm not supposed to get stressed out, but I'm a nervous wreck. Go read Indie Home Ec, it's a great post on civil rights in America today.

GOBAMA!

And Beans is coming into town this weekend. HOT DAMN!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

internal ultrasound!?!? I DID NOT KNOW THE TECHNOLOGY EXISTED! And what super-sexy fun is right! Pregnancy sounds like its full of all sorts of indignity.

And thanks for the plug! I try to keep it mellow politically on my blog, but in private, at home, boy and I are fiercely liberal and very politically motivated. I couldn't help myself today!