Friday, November 21, 2008

Thank you!

It's Friday. The kids are (shhh!) being really good, the day is sunny and nap time is fast approaching. Tonight we're going t watch a horror movie, and tomorrow we're going to make popcorn and watch the double feature version of Grindhouse in our Roku/Netflix box. Hooray! I'm babysitting from noon to 6, which should be interesting. I think I may take the kids to JoAnn's and the kid pit in the mall, just for a trial run in dual kids out and about action. Woo hoo!

I went on line to purchase some of the stuff I saw a the craft show over the weekend, but several of the places were sold out. El sucko! So I'm going to try my hand at some stuffed animal type stuff in the next two weeks, along with the other stuff I'll be doing. I have a craft fair to go to on Dec. 5th, so I need to get my ass in gear. I work best under pressure anyway. Beck noted last time she was here that E is a procrastinator, too. Damn! Guess you have to take the good with the bad, right? Anyway, I'm hoping to take one day of vacation and do nothing but make stuff to give away and sell. This is, of course, a crazy pipe dream, but it's my pipe dream and I love it. I also like to dream about sleeping in, sleeping through the night, and being independantly wealthy. Oh, and my favorite, plates and plates of chocolate chip cookies that make me skinny, my boobs back up near my chest, and give me a fabulous ass. You know, the small importnant things that aren't world peace or an end to hunger.

One of the vendors at the craft show was handing out cards for this store. The beauty is that you can order from most of the vendors online, in case you're like me and can't get the hours and hours necessary to drive to the store and home. Ahh, online shopping, I do adore you!

Last but not least, Ms. Holly Lynne, I have a shit-load of recipes for you. I'm going to paste them here over the weekend for you, so you can enjoy for the holidays. Keep a weather eye out for the cashew chutney; I've never met anyone who hasn't become instantly addicted to it. Honestly.

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

that store looks awesome and i'm looking forward to the recipes!!! i missed this mysterious deleted post, but i hope you're feeling better.

Beans said...

Dude Craft Fair Countdown......
I am going to try my hardest to get about 20 fabric postcards for your show. ALL HOLIDAY. I already sold 7 at work. I was thinking about putting some on the shop. Dont know if I can get them done but I will try.