Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To be added

I've been using my laptop lately because I can keep it in the kitchen, and this setup ends up being a lot safer for all involved. I can see everyone the whole time I'm writing, and that's a really good thing when you run a daycare. The downside is that I can't post pictures, which means that you're going to have to wait until this afternoon or evening to see the fabric card Beck made me this weekend, my new fabric, and the mat I made for the kitten's food dishes.

And since we're talking about sewing, I have some advice. If you sew, you need to suddenly discover that one of your friends is a genius with sewing machines. I watched Beck mess with Bertha (yep. I named my machine Bertha. Don't judge.) and yet I'm still not sure how she got the old girl so happy. She wasn't clunking at all last night! I kept asking John if he could hear the difference, and asking him "Doesn't she sound so GOOD?" But he told me he never really listened to my machine, so I threw things at him.

I finally figured out what to make my MIL for X-mas, again thanks to Beck. I'm going to make her a Christmas/winter themed mobile out of the fabric cards. She really loves the holidays, more than is right or healthy. She has a display of Santa dolls up year round, so I think she'll love this. John asked me where she was going to put this mobile. (Their house is a bit crowded) I honestly don't care where she puts it, as long as she likes it. Such a sweet lady deserves something more than the flying Jesus picture I made her one year. (I was smoking a lot of pot back then.) She's kept it, and she says she likes it, but it's kind of like the way you like an ugly sweater from someone you really love, you know? So I want to make her something she can love on its own, not just because its from me.

And now for the daily preggers report: My current worry is that this pregnancy will turn out to be a tubal one. I haven't had one of those yet, so my guess is that's why I'm worried about it. Or a blighted ovum, which means that there's an egg in there, but no genetic material. One of the advantages to being high risk and having all these problems is that you do get the really early, ooky internal ultrasounds. That way if anything IS wrong you can catch it really early. The downside is that going in for the ultrasound is scary. It feels like playing roulette, I guess, having never played roulette. I won't call it Russian Roulette, but maybe uterine roulette? And the suck part is that even after this ultrasound, there's still 5 to 10 weeks in which I could miscarry. I hope you breeders never go through this; it's not always this insane. Most people get preggers and stay that way! I don't want to scare you-this is just my experience. But if I don't get it out here, I start getting weird and superstitious, and John starts looking at straitjackets online. So please forgive my venting, and remember that I'm the exception rather than the rule. Also, hope for my circle with a dot in it to be in the right place, with stuff inside and a normal yolk sack. (Yep, they've got yolk sacks. Pretty cool, huh?) Two more days until I go in.

Thursday E also turns 3. I'm going to write more about that tomorrow, but I can't believe it. She's so big! I'm going to stop now, though, so this doesn't turn into another novel. Look for pictures later!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Can't wait to see the post cards! good luck with your upcoming test (not just the test itself, but coping until then!) I hope everything will be ok. I agree, the yolk sack thing is cool, but kinda alarming. Like, couldn't they call it something ELSE?!

Domesticrazy said...

I know! Nutrient reserve, or embryo pillow, or perhaps bag-o-growth. Every time he mentions the yolk sack I feel like the chicken Lady from Kids In The Hall.

Also, I have that damn line from that damn Tom Petty song stuck in my head. You know the one. About waiting. DAMN YOU TOM PETTY!