Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Redux

Last entry deleted. I needed to get that out, but it was more thinking on the computer than anything I really wanted to leave here. The situation is solved, so no harm no foul, I hope.

So! On to craft: I tried my hand at fabric postcards last night. I was working on them while grumpy and nauseous, so I only attempted one. I did both sides, though, meaning that I did two fronts instead of a front and a back. I learned a lot! Like if you put a lightweight white over a dark blue, you might want to use two layers or rethink your plan. I also tried making the peppermint pattern Beck showed me last time she was here. She is the creative one. I am the one with no talent. At least according to the peppermint fabric postcard. They were a lot of fun, and I'm going to make many more. I'm just going to plan them first.

I also tried to finish the quilt (unless you're serious about quilting, then let's call it a blanket to avoid giving you an anuerism.) that I made for E for her birthday. I wanted to post a picture of it, but so far I haven't been able to. Because of the #$^%&*@ binding. The binding is a satiny, light blue piece of frustrating crap I bought at JoAnn's. No matter what I do I can not get the damn thing to get on the edge of the quiltlet. It's crooked, the corners look like they were done by a syphilitic monkey on drugs, and I keep giving up in frustration. I'm going to rip it off this weekend and try to figure something else out. Either my own binding or bias tape. I want to get this done so E can actually use it. It's classic Pooh, and she keeps asking about it. Bad Mom!

I need to finish up my holiday planning, too. Gifts need made, purchased from Etsy and packaged. I need to paint the boxes I'll be putting gifts in, construct necklaces and other jewelry, sew hats and shower curtains and aprons and lap quilts. Or, I need to buy a lot of things on Etsy, or invest in gift cards. It all depends on how I hold up!

What about you? What are you working on right now?

No comments: