Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy December, Batman!

What a year! 2008 has been a tough one, but I'm hoping it ends on a high note. It's on the right path; we had a very lovely thanksgiving and weekend. John's Dad ended up in the emergency room Friday morning, but that ended up being a good thing, since he needed medical staff to tell him to sleep and eat. He looked a lot better by the time we left Sunday. In fact, John's whole family is doing well, and aside from a cat shitting in our room while we were taking E to an Aviary, the weekend went off without a hitch.

My girl fed Lorries! I have pictures, but we've all been to tired to actually do anything except lay around on the couch, so I haven't uploaded them yet. The aviary we went to was quite fun, and it had a great free flight show! My favorite was X the Owl, who was huge and had gorgeous large orange eyes and flew silently right over E's head twice. Her favorite was Minnie the crow who took her dollar and stuffed it in the donation box. The best part of the whole trip was seeing E feed the lorries, though. The look on her face was wonderful to see. I wish I could have been in with her, but pregnant women were discouraged. So I watched, and that was fine.

After the aviary we went to watch our nephew play basketball, and it was a good game. I'm not even a sports fan, and this was exciting! His team won, which was nice for him, but the best part was watching friends play on opposite teams and try not to just goof around. After the game we went to a big light and Christmas show thing at a farm. Not my bag, but the kids and in-laws had a great time. I also found some snowmen to make for Friday's craft show. I'm going to spend this afternoon making stuff. And tonight. And some time everyday this week until Friday.

I've tired myself out writing this, so I'm off to the couch. Hooray vacation!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

hooray for your nice thanksgiving! can't wait to see those snowmen :)