Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Don't eat the yellow snow

I still have no appetite. I tried to eat some red lentil curry last night, but it was a no go. I ended up eating an apple instead. I am not hungry, which I would normally be very happy about, but there's this baby. And baby needs an extra 300 calories a day that I am just not getting in. Ugh.

In snow news, we got a few inches last night, then it just iced over. It's been falling hard and heavy since this morning, however, and nearby counties are under a level 2 snow emergency. Our stupid ass sheriff in our county won't take the level above 1, despite the 5 + inches of snow since John shoveled this morning and no snow plows in sight.

Really, I just want the level up so that John can come home! I want my damn snow day.

Nothing much is going on aside from that. Two of the kids are here, and we're going to bake bread as soon as they finish their bananas. I'm tired, which sucks. One good night of sleep would be lovely. Apparently I may only sleep during daylight hours, which doesn't bode well for the future. E went to Grandma's last night and got to watch Mary Poppins. She liked some parts, didn't like others. Can't blame her. The movie is kind of an acid trip, like a lot of Disney from that time frame. I watched Monty Python's Flying Circus last night. I also got a call about day care, which is good. I'm not sure if I'm going to take the kid or not yet, but at least it's a call. The child is 7 months old, and has one of my favorite names. So maybe. Extra income right now would be nice...

I'll stop boring you. Time to make the bread!

1 comment:

Beans said...

hey now Mary Poppins was my FAVORITE movie growing up. Explains alot doesnt it.