Sunday, January 4, 2009

In the morning

Last night's very first sleepover for e seems to have gone well, based on the fact that we've had no phone calls or exhausted parents showing up at our door. I can't believe she's already big enough to have a slumber party. I hope she had a blast!

Last night John and I went out for a nice quiet dinner, and then to our neighbors house to watch "Night Watch." It's a Russian movie, and really, really awesome. It's a story about dark and light, good and evil. And choices. I'm doing it no justice. Anyway, we had a great time. Then we came home and I went to bed while John played Guitar Hero until 1 am. He starts school Monday, so his days of playing Guitar Hero until 1 am are now limited. I'm glad he got it out of his system.

I've just finished cleaning up our closet, and am proud to report that I can now walk into my walk in closet. In a minute I'm going to start laundry, then go dye my hair purple again. This afternoon will be spent trying to get my craft/sewing room back into order, and maybe making some pillowcases. Oh, and on the sewing machine front? I'm saving up for the more expensive machine. I'll pay for half up front and the rest on a credit card. That way I'm building credit, but still paying for a big chunk up front so it's less scary. I decided on the machine I really liked (either the Project Runway LB6770 or the 900D) because they have the stitches I want plus embroidery. Once I checked out the prices for the embroidery cards, and the other stuff I'd need to buy in order to do what I wanted with the SE 350, I'd be spending the same amount. So the better choice is the better machine, I guess.

And I'm off to be domestic.

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

Oohhh! NEW MACHINE! I can't wait to see what you end up making with it!
Your weekend sounds a lot like mine has been . . . busy, cleaning, sewing. I just came out the other side and finally have a sec to sit down and read blogs. Hmmm . . . .I probably should've started yours down a few days ago :)