Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shitburgers

We started off having a good morning, but the arrival of one little girl and her brother has shot that all to hell. It happens every morning: the girl arrives and starts antagonizing the other kids until they cry. The brother starts whining, grabbing other kid's toys and screaming and my head starts to ache. I love these kids, and their parents, but we now have an instant corner thing going on. I wish the morning didn't start this way, so I'm doing what I can to stop it. It's not like I'm a morning person to begin with.

John had his first class last night, and stupidly I got lost on a LJ Bulimia help community. It was nice to find a place where people are getting help instead of it being a pro-puking site. I've never had an eating disorder, and I have no idea why I am so fascinated by the people affected by these diseases. Anyway, an hour and a half later John got home and I realized how late it was.

It looks like there are going to be some major changes in the way we do things around here. John may not be ready to accept it yet, but he needs to start studying pretty soon after he gets home instead of staying up late every night. He also needs to let me make dinner more often, and relax a bit. I know he can do this, but he's freaking out right now about how much work this is going to take. Going back to school when you have a family and a full time job is completely different than going back to school with one of those elements missing.

So for now, craft night is on hold. I'm going to plan a few more classes for the arts castle, and then see how it goes. This may not be the best time to be planning, since I need to do laundry, dishes, get John's work shirts unwrinkled to an acceptable level, clean and get ready to submit an entry to an arts fair. Plus I'm tired, because I was an idiot and stayed up late last night.

Mama is tired! I'm going to get my stuff done as quickly and early as possible, so I can play with the kids and relax. All this will get done, and everything will work out. Man, I ADORE these second trimester hormones!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

John is some kind of superhero for going back to school . . . I hope you guys settle into a new routine soon!