Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My husband has an agent

I've mentioned John used to be in Radio. He was a DJ, but he had the most fun creating, producing, recording and editing spots. There's a lot he misses about radio, but I think that particular creative outlet is what he misses the most. Plus, he can do a lot of funny and entertaining voices. (The trick is to be funny AND entertaining. Not annoying.) So when he finally ripped another copy of his demo CD and sent it to a talent agency, I was excited for him. And nervous as hell.

What if he wasn't good enough? I know a lot about V/O stuff, and radio, advertising blah blah blah, but I know very little about talent agency crap.

The good news is that he had an interview and then orientation yesterday! He has his very own Talent AGENT! Other people use her too, but you know what I mean. His stuff should be up on their website today, they have a good rep and a good stable, and the money situation is just as it should be. John bought a good mike for his impending studio last night, and we're going to look at computers this weekend so that he can get his home studio set up. This is not the dream studio, just something that will work until. Hopefully there will be an until!

I'm proud of my dude. And also: I am sick of winter.

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

how awesome!!!