Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nap time is the new black

I finally got the kids down for nap today, and then proceeded to order three books on Buddhist parenting skillz. Yes, I used a z on the end of that word. You may throw up now.

I need some help, frankly. I'm not the Mom or caregiver I want to be during the day anymore, and that makes me impossibly sad. It's also frustrating, because I opened this day care for some very specific reasons, most of which involved making a wonderful and peaceful place for children. I've been through a lot over the last couple of years, and I have accidentally gotten farther from those goals than I realized. So I'm coming back to myself, and calming the hell down. With the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy starting next week for anxiety and dealing with frustration and anger, plus the books I'm currently reading and the ones coming, I'm optimistic. Plus, that second trimester mojo is starting to work.

I've been sewing a lot more lately; two roll ups, two book bags and some general repairs to clothing. The first pics I took of the knitting needle rolls were blurry, and I've been lazy since then. Once again, that's why I started a craft blog: to make cool shit I never show you. *taunt*

Dinner is ready, and then E and I are making Valentines for her friends. Hooray!

No comments: