Saturday, February 7, 2009

pregnant brain and great freaking news

I apparently told everyone the wrong day for finding out the baby's gender. I'll find out on the 13, so next Friday. Sorry about that! Have I ever told you the story about when I was pregnant with E and I got into the car to go to work and found I didn't have any pants on? It was hilarious. Pregnant Brain is real, and horrible.

I received two wonderful pieces of news today!

News the first: My sister is engaged! Her boyfriend, er, fiance', asked her this morning. Her ring has tanzanite. They met in geology class, and this has been her favorite stone since, so it's perfect. And her fiance' is awesome. I am so damn happy for my little sister! It's going to be extra fun, because E is going to be a flower girl and I'm going to be a MATRON OF HONOR. It just seems like it needs caps. I sound like a tank: "MATRON OF HONOR." Too freaking cool.

News the second: My cousin has finally broken up with the white trash motherfucker who proposed while he was in Iraq then proceeded to get at least two other women pregnant just before and after returning to the States but not "home." He only came "home" when one of the women came after his ass for child support. I do not like this (I wrote man, but he's not) asshole, and I am thrilled my cousin has come to her senses. She thinks it was hormones keeping her with him, because she was pregnant and/or nursing until a month ago. She said as soon as the baby weaned itself she realized what an ass this guy was. Hooray!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

you and your pregnant brain crack me up!!! Congrats on the recent additions to and subtractions from your family :)