Friday, February 20, 2009

The stats

# of weeks pregnant: 21
# of stomach flues during that time: 3
# of foods I know will never eat again: 14

And I woke up this morning with what appears to be a bladder infection that I can't do anything about until tomorrow when I get an emergency appt with the doc. Hooray for fucking me today. Wait, that didn't come out right.

On the bright side, I still feel baby kicking around in there, so all is good.

Funny story about stomach flu:

Wednesday I thought perhaps I was still being affected by some smells. Every time I caught a whiff of vanilla soy yogurt I would barf. I figured it was no biggie, so after the kids were gone I ate a little spaghetti and went to my cognitive behavioral therapist session. My first one. By the time I got there I wasn't sure if I was going to barf or pee my pants. In fact, had I not had to pee so badly I probably would have barfed in the bushes out front, because there was no bathroom. It was after hours and the door to the therapist's area was locked until they were ready for me, so I had to pace until someone opened the door. I darted in screaming "BATHROOM!" and believe me, I used the hell out of that facility. Still being to daft to realize I was actually sick, I went ahead with my appointment. By the time the hour was over I had puked another 3 times. By then I had a clue that maybe I was ill. My dude was really nice and took it all in stride, and it seems like he'll be able to help me out quite a bit. Which is great.

Another great thing? John was a fantastic nurse this time. He checked on me, was nice, stayed home from work yesterday and even offered to stay home today! I slept almost all day yesterday, and was in bed last night before 8. And I slept all night. Aside from the bladder infection, I fell great today! Well, there's the anxiety about telling one of the parents that her kid scratched mine. Let it go let it go let it go....

I think tonight will be an early night. Tomorrow I have a class to teach, an emergency appointment to pee in a cup, and lots of crap I'm forgetting. I also need to get stuff ready for John's birthday, which is Sunday. He doesn't like big to-do's, which is good this year since I'm freaking last minute. Plus, he's a hard dude to shop for.

Man, I'm beat. Hope you have a great weekend, and I'll see you on the flip side.

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

OH MAN! I am so sorry!!! There is nothing worse than a bladder infection. Except maybe a bladder infection that you have to wait A WHOLE DAY to get help with! And I can't even imagine how much worse it must be with a PERSON sitting on or at least near your bladder. I hope your man is out buying you cranberry juice right now! And the flu too!?! Thats just not cool, universe, NOT COOL.