Sunday, February 22, 2009

UTI and jumping on the wagon

I ended up going to the Urgent Care Friday night. I have a U.T.I., it took them all of 30 seconds to confirm it. I want to call all my doctors and scream "I fucking told you so!" Bastards. John brought me cranberry juice, which I've been sucking down in mass amounts. I'm just starting to feel like I don't have to pee all the time. I've also been sleeping a ton, which makes me think the UTI was ready for a fight by the time the antibiotics got to the party. I say again: Bastards!

So, I thought about doing this when Sundry did it, but by the time it got to Indie Home Ec I had no choice. So here, the thing I never do, a meme:

What are your middle names?
Irene and William.

How long have you been together?
Eight and a half years as a couple.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met when I was 13 and he was 14. So, 10 years? I hate Math.

Who asked whom out?
He asked me out for ten years. Until he was about to give up and I surprised him by telling him we had, in fact, just been on a date.

How old are each of you?
I'm 30, he is 32 today.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Crap shoot. It's about equal, he has 4 and mine lives only a couple hours away, so we see my sister and some of his siblings fairly often.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
We differ in "semantics" which means we argue a lot while saying the same thing. Also, we are both stubborn, stubborn people and one of us suggesting that the other do something differently usually results in one of our heads exploding.

Did you go to the same school?
Briefly, in high school. 2 years. Just enough to date, not like it, then change our minds and start dating again right when I found out I had to move, again. He went to college less than 20 minutes from where I moved to, and still swears he didn't know. The rest of the world know different.

Are you from the same home town?
No. I moved all over. He's from Western PA.

Who is smarter?
I'd say him, he says me. It depends on whether you want to use power tools (ask me) or know how to get somewhere (ask him.) We complement each other this way until it makes others ill.

Who is the most sensitive?
I cry more, he broods. So me, I think. His head is a vault.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
A south Indian place that is the best place ever. They've known E since she was born, and ask after her if we go without her. Best. Food. Ever.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Mexico. We don't go far.

Who has the craziest exes?
Me. He only has a couple, and I dated assholes.

Who has the worst temper?
I have a short fuse, but John's is legendary once it finally gets going. So...

Who does the cooking?
John cooks 98% of our meals. I cook breakfast, lunch and two snacks for the daycare kids every day.

Who is the neat-freak?
Does not apply. I get sick of clutter and mess faster, but we are not neat people. Holly Lynne's pantry is my fantasy.

Who is more stubborn?
I'd say John. Because when I asked him he refused to answer and danced away.

Who hogs the bed?
I hog the bed. He takes the covers and pushes them off the end.

Who wakes up earlier?
John, by far. I'd sleep all day if not roused by my husband and child.

Where was your first date?
Some little Italian place, Vesuvio's we think, just before going to see Jurrasic Park. One of us got a sliced black olive stuck to our forehead during the food fight.

Who is more jealous?
I guess I am, because I've birthed a child and am preggers with another. When John worked in Radio drunk skinny chicks would offer nefarious things for free T-shirts, and it only bothered me once or twice. Usually when John and I were fighting anyway. But we trust each other, and there's a lot of love, so it's never really been an issue.

How long did it take to get serious?
10+ years, but once I agreed to date him I knew we'd be getting married.

Who eats more?
Me. Pregnant. No willpower.

Who does the laundry?
Me. He's on school and helps when he can.

Who’s better with the computer?
HIM. I'm more the "what does this button do?" ilk.

Who drives when you are together?
Him. Like a Grandma, but he's getting better!

No comments: