Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One. Day. Left.

I just finished (I hope) the biggest nosebleed I have ever had. Gusher doesn't even start to describe it. After a frantic dash for tissues, cleaning up and sitting for 20 minutes with a compress on my nose, I can now use two hands again. Whew. Did you know that you double the amount of blood volume during pregnancy? That's why so many preggos have nosebleeds. And now you know.

This week has been a doozy. Today problem boy starting taking toys from others and hitting others with toys. He's spent a lot of time in "isolation" which is a new tool we're trying. It's a high chair that's faced away from everyone else in the corner of the room. We ignore the screaming until its over, reinforce the rule that was broken, and then get back to life. It seems to be working, but my head hurts from the damn screaming. This kid needs to get the hell over that. Now. But the whole week has been testing and fighting and the like. The week before time off is always the worst, and I'm only taking 1 day off!

I'm starting to look at other stay at home options, too. I want to be here for E and the new Wee coming, but this day care thing may not be MY thing. I love the kids, the time outside, etc. I don't love the noise, fighting, parents that expect you to potty train their kids FOR them and fuck it all up at home, again, etc. I'm not good at not being the boss, either. Not sure what the options are, but maybe the BT can give me some ideas tonight. If not, I may start massive internet research.

Taxes have been started! I'm so tired.

4 comments:

HollyLynne said...

I think everything always sounds better when it isn't your life. Spending time with kids, yours and others, and getting to be outside during the day . . . to me, that sounds BAD ASS. But I can totally see your point about the screaming. And the poop.

Domesticrazy said...

You know, it really is bad ass sometimes. The hardest part is the 6 months of winter when you can't go outside and everyone is cabin crazy. But it's also the isolation; I spend no time with adults. I leave my house twice a week on a good week. There are 5 or 6 very demanding people that need me to do almost everything for them all the time. Still, I couldn't go back to an office job. I get to be the boss a bit, and I decide when I get to eat, pee and wash my face. Mostly.

It's be great except for the screaming. After 4 hours of nearly non-stop, you feel like a big ball of prickly-about-to-get-tasered cringing mess. but I can hide Rolos around my house!

HollyLynne said...

New solution then: Move the daycare to LA. You can go outside year round and have craft nights with ME! And I would SO USE YOU AS MY DAYCARE. I'd even promise to potty train my own offspring.

Domesticrazy said...

It's a deal. Now to convince the family...