Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And then I started eating metal

I've been seeing stars for weeks now. I mentioned it to my OB, who thought it was blood pressure changes when I moved around. I've been exhausted, but I run a day care and am pregnant. I've been so anxious that I can't watch most movies or listen to a ton of music, for fear that something will set me off, not to mention how I've been unable to enjoy my daily life due to the feeling things were about to fall apart. My OB thought all of these things were normal, just me or related (normally) to the pregnancy.

It turns out I'm anemic. That's actually great news, since it means that there is something I can do about the anxiety. Did you know anemia could cause anxiety, especially if you are already prone to it? Neither did I. So I'm taking an iron pill with my prenatal and John and I are figuring out some good things for our family to eat. I cried yesterday when I found out that not only was I low on iron, but that's probably the reason for the symptoms listed above. Especially the anxiety. Knowing that I could do something before 12 weeks was such a relief, I can't even tell you!

So hooray! And now I'm off to play with the kids!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

ANEMIA?!?!?!? Of all the freaking things . . . MAN. Hope the supplements are kicking in already!