That being said, yesterday did it. It put me right the fuck over the edge as far as this job goes. I am applying for new jobs, particularly an assistant librarian one I'm going to finish the online application for tonight. It's at a local elementary school near where my mom lives. She has agreed to take my offspring again, and I couldn't be more grateful. That woman needs a prize of some sort. So wish me luck in finding a good day time job, hopefully with a school, that pays decently. hahahaha. ha.
On to unrelated news items:
- I finished the baby blanket! I need to take some new pics of E anyway, so I may have her hold the blanket so you get a two for one deal. I even hand-stitched binding! Thanks, Beck!
- John and I are digitizing our music. We have a terabyte hard drive (external) that we're putting everything on. We're guessing with the amount of music we own that it will take around 6 months if we work on it every night. We are already one week behind schedule. Damn.
- I am starting on a dress for E, made out of Japanese wiener dog linen. That sounds so wrong, but is so very cute. Next, on to baby stuff.
- I went to my first American Sewing Guild meeting. I now know how to sew swimming suits! I was the youngest one there by 15 years, but hell, these ladies are great at sewing. I'm hoping to learn a ton from them. Also, they do charity work through sewing, so I'm happy to be involved.
- Baby is kicking up a storm lately!
- We had a really great weekend. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy what I was doing without feeling like the world was going to end. I taught my first sewing class, which was at JoAnn's and all about how to pick out fabric, supplies and notions. I enjoyed time with my husband and child. I didn't freak the fuck out. I'll say it again, I love me some iron.