Monday, April 27, 2009

Enough already

Lately I've been seeing a ton about dead kids. Enough. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks from yet another story about a little one that died. I know it happens, I know it is the worst thing ever, I know. I fear it every day. But enough already. Let's go a few months before another tragedy, OK? Let's give parents a rest, and let them keep their kids. Let's just do.

I saw the OB this morning, and we're measuring perfectly. The heartbeat was great, blood pressure great, a little protein in my pee, but I might be a touch dehydrated. I've only gained one pound in two weeks, which is great. I told the OB I was worried about low birth weight, and having a kid with mental deficiencies. Normal. But I might stay the hell off the internet for the next 9.6 weeks, because I don't need to read any other horror stories, thank you.

I'm hot on the trail of a new job. If by "hot on the trail" you mean looking and despairing. The right one will come along when it's ready. I'm going to be filling out and application on May 8th, and maybe taking some tests after that for a school position. I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but it's worth a shot, right? I hate job hunting.

I'm getting myself a pizza tonight. I'm also going to get a sandbox for the kids, some labels to put on wedding invitations, the paper for the invitations, and a seam gauge since the sewing class took both of mine. Dammit.

The baby is up again. I've gotta go.

4 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Pizza! What an excellent idea that is :)

Domesticrazy said...

It was awesome, and even better this morning! I loves me some pineapple pizza.

HollyLynne said...

OOOH! Pineapple is my favorite! If left to choose for myself, its pineapple, tomatoes and onions. GAH! I need dinner. STAT!

Domesticrazy said...

I'm a sick puppy, mine is pineapple and green olives. John gags when I even mention it.