Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feeling groovy

I read a lot of blogs that are about crafting, and for some odd reason a lot of the crafters I read are all pregnant right now. One has a tour of the room she has set up for her child, which is very nice and very Montessori. I can't help wondering how she's going to feel when her child breaks all that beautiful stuff she has just at his height and in his reach. Mayne it will be different with her, maybe her child won't explore by trying to take things apart. I hope so, for her sake.

Another crafter I read reminded me to slow down and enjoy this time with just the three of us. Which sounds good, and I'm trying. But I want back on my meds yesterday, which makes that living in the moment thing we try so hard to do nearly damn impossible.

There are other sites and stories out there along this same vein. I thik perhaps dealing with so many children, alone, for over two years has soured me to the very ideas that I hold dear. Sure, a Motessori room sounds great! Wait until the little guy breaks all those beautiful picture frames and rips apart the books. I'd love to live in the moment and enjoy each minute, but really all I want is to get through the day, and the next one, and the next one. Without someone getting hurt or screaming or fighting all the time. Actually, I want to go on a damn retreat somewhere, and have a week of quiet. With a new job waiting when I get home.

You know what? I thought I had a point here. Instead, I'm going to end this uplifting post and out the baby back too sleep. Again. Hump day.

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Wait . . . they . . . break things? Shit.

Domesticrazy said...

More the boys than the girls, and more if you haven't worked with them on the issue. But yes, children explore through destruction. It's how they figure out how things work, or just manipulate their environment.

Thanks for the chuckle. I needed it!