Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Important stuff ~ 27 weeks

Let's do a baby post, shall we?

On Thursday I will be 28 weeks preggers, which means I have roughly 12.5 weeks left of gestating this little miracle that won't let me pee more than 3 tablespoons at a time. Lately she's been very quiet during the day until I lay down, and then she wallops me like a European footballer drunk after the big win. She's a little more subdued at night. Or I'm somehow miraculously sleeping through her shenanigans, which I'll take because she can't be loud until she's out. In around 12 weeks. Holy fuck, Batman.

Let's see, the behaviorist was here last night, everything went well, today sucked like it was supossed to, tomorrow will suck more and then it will get better. Tonight we had a birthday party for my Grandma. Tomorrow I see my personal BT, and Thursday, O Frabjuous Day, I have FREE. Which means sewing for E or her sister!! Let me add to that: !!!!! There is SO much I want to make for those two, and I only have 12 weeks. CRAP! I need to make that doll. Crap.

It appears that E will be going to her Bubba's and Aunt's for the last week of June. I am very mixed up about this emotionally. I know that she will have a great time, but my baby! I will miss her so. Also, what if the baby comes while she is gone? And her schedule? What will they do to her precious, hard won schedule? Dude. I'm going to be the Mother of Children. Can you feel the hormones in this post?

Lately, as in the past week, my belly has become very heavy. It feels like gravity is pulling much stronger there, and this makes my ribs hurt. Also, I am hungry, but there is a fine line to how much I can eat. If I don;t eat enough I still feel like I am starving; eat too much and the upper left side of my basketball (you know, the one on my front mid-section) aches for hours, and I have to sit with a definite right lean. The baby is around 2 pounds now, and let's go to the internets for some facts:

Your baby now weighs in at approximately 14½ inches and just over 2 pounds, or about the size of that roast you made last time your in-laws were in town.

Vegetarians apparently need to re-evaluate what they cook when those pesky in-laws are in town.

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now.

At least BabyCenter is veggie friendly!

One thing I need to call the OB about, apparently, is the fact that I've been seeing spots, or floaters, off and on lately. I see her Friday, but it's on the Important List. Damn. At least Wee II is kicking!

No comments: