Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tonight

Tonight I am going to our local sewing machine depot to look at their machines. I posted awhile ago about how I was Going! To get! A new machine! But later decided that 1) I suck at saving money when there are birthdays and holidays and fabric! and 2) that my current machine is working just fine, thank you, so why mess with a good thing?

Well, the store is going out of business, and everything is at least half off. John told me to go look and see if there was the deal of a lifetime, and then we can work out a payment plan for ourselves. Which means that instead of me saving money, I just won't get allowance for a while, but I'll have a new machine. In theory. If there's anything good and affordable. We'll see. But I'm excited to look, and I'm excited to get out of the house. FREEDOM!

In completely unrelated news (do I ever transition to something related?) one of the kids here is having a rough time. Her mom is almost as far along in her pregnancy as I am, and has been diabetic since she was a teenager. She's in the hospital for the second time this pregnancy with some serious blood sugar level issues. The baby seems to be doing just fine, but it's been hard on the whole family and the poor mom feels horrible. She can't keep any food down! Her levels are getting better, but if you could send some good thoughts out to the midwest, I'd appreciate it.

No comments: