Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Week 31.9999

In the past two weeks I have eaten 4 (FOUR) packages of Oreos. I'm calling it the fortnight of fattening. And boy, howdy, am I excited to see how much weight I've gained in two weeks when I go to see the OB on Friday. In my defense, it's been a hell of a two weeks. Mom came over yesterday to give me a break~I went to the store (where there is a bank branch/center thing) to deposit checks, and ended up breaking down and getting that fourth Oreo package. I then came back to my house, sat in the garage crying like an idiot and eating cookies. Three kids teething, two kids going through the terrible twos, a three and four year old fighting like sisters and a 2 year old that won't stop peeing her pants. Plus, I now move at the speed of mold, can't bend over and am not sleeping well at all. Pregnancy! All the sexy you wish would make you rich instead of tired.

When I came in from the garage my Mom had successfully gotten my child to sleep, which is a fucking miracle, and she then ordered me to bed. I woke up feeling much better. As did my child. And all the other kids, who slept for an average of 2.5 hours each. Sleepy = cranky= miserable for all involved. One part of this whole melt down was the fact that the job hunt is stupid right now. If it's something I'm interested in it's not local, I'm not qualified or the company is not hiring. If it is a job I'd hate, I'm qualified and they are hiring RIGHT NOW. But I must give birth and take maternity leave before I start a new job. Also: school crap. There is a school that has what I am looking for, but it is over an hour away with little to no online class offerings. John has offered to move to the nearest big city, but I do not want to live there. It's where Beck lives, and I hate that city. It's cold, snowy, miserable and cold. Did I mention the snow? I want to live somewhere WARMER. Preferably where people know how to drive. Not that I'd mind seeing Beck more often, but ugh. No snow belt for me.

Well, that was full of bitching! On to baby: She is playing basketball. Inside my womb. From 7:30 pm to 2 am, usually. Which is fun, except when it isn't. She can now get her feet into my ribs, and has been doing the fun trick of pressing on my bladder at odd moments. It makes you feel like you're going to pee your pants rightnow, and then it's gone. I'll miss these moments when they're gone. I really will. There's nothing else in the whole world like feeling your child move inside you, and knowing that that little person will be out and growing up and driving soon. Also, that in 8 to 10 weeks you can have that beer or glass of wine you've been dreaming about for a week now. I keep waking up freaking out, thinking I've fucked up, then realizing it was a dream.

Ugh, baby's up, gotta go put her back to sleep.

4 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Your beer dreams crack me up. That is so something I would do. Probably will!

Domesticrazy said...

It's so weird to wake up feeling bad for something you didn't do. I used to do it all the time when we quit smoking. I'd wake up trying to put out the cigarette and swearing like a sailor.

Beans said...

Dude I was getting worried that something may have happened.
Happy mothers day and I have your birthday card ready to go. soon

Domesticrazy said...

Thanks! Just hanging in there. And eating.