Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby boot camp and the back issue

Saturday we attended out one day labor and delivery class, or "baby boot camp" as John likes to call it. E spent a day with our friends Rich and Jen, who wore her out. Completely. She had a blast! We didn't exactly have a blast, but we did get an excellent refresher course on how to tell if I'm in labor, what my innards look like right now, how to breathe during labor and contractions, and all the other good stuff. *By the way, hospital pads are the size of a baby blanket folded in half. I'd forgotten that pleasant little detail. That and the gauze undies you wear right after birth. Fun!*

It was really nice to giggle through a class with John. I'm not looking forward to labor or the chance I might need a C-section, but I am looking forward to meeting this little one!

E and I went to a baby shower for a friend on Sunday. I called when we were heading home, and found out John was laying on the couch alternating heat and ice. Which was bad news, considering he's NEVER done that before. He needs to be at death's door to go to the doctor, and I can count the number of times he's stayed home from work sick over the past ten years on one hand. He stayed home yesterday and I took him to the urgent care since our doctor's office was full. The good news is that it's probably a pinched nerve, but they didn't rule out a bulging/slipped/whatever disk. The X-rays looked OK, but the doctor said that didn't mean anything. He also actively ignored me the entire time we were there, actually walking out of the room when I was speaking to him. Dick. Anyway, he "manipulated" my husband, which looked remarkably like humping him in the face. With sounds effects. And he gave him drugs. Between the two john went to work today and seems to be doing better. I have just over 3 weeks left until my due date, so I'm very happy about that!

1 comment:

HollyLynne said...

Squee!!!! You are so close! 3 weeks!!!!