Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A better place

I keep reading blogs by moms who are so full of peace and calm and positive wonderfulness. In truth, that was me until I took on caring for 6 kids 10 hours a day 5 days a week. Getting back to the talk of "rhythms of life" and "peaceful times" and the like is a goal of mine. I envy those happy people. It's not that I'm not happy, my life on a daily basis just tends more towards chaos. It's getting a bit better, though. This weeks (on day 2) hasn't been as bad as last week was. I had a friend over today to help, and she listened and helped and laughed and helped me with E's doll again. After I finish here I'm going to go sew the doll's hair on. Then latch more into the hair cap part, and laugh myself silly thinking I'd get a dress for the doll finished tonight.

I took a good step yesterday: I emailed a local food shelter kind of place and inquired about volunteering starting this fall. I may need to take a job that's not ideal to start, like something in an office. Something that will pay the bills and have the kind of hours I need. But with volunteering with this organization, I'll still be doing something good and helpful. I need to do that. I need to give back in a positive way to the world as a whole. This work would directly impact people here that need help. I feel good about that. Very good.

Ah, crap. John's home and will need the computer for school. I should get to that hair and bed anyway. I hope your day is a good one!

No comments: