Monday, June 1, 2009

I just want to help people...

I'm tired, but no kids are here so that puts me in a better mood than I would've been. Three teething today, ugh. I've been puttering about the internet trying to find jobs, even though realistically I can't apply for anything for about two months. I happened upon PETCO's site today, and was happy with what I read. Then I thought I might apply for a job, until John pointed out some things not on their website. Things that I would not and could not deal with, like what happens when a puppy isn't adopted. Or where those puppies come from. Etc.

I just want a job where I can help people. It should pay a living wage, I should be able to not get screamed at all day, and a bonus would be a positive impact on the world as a whole. This job seems tough to find, but I will begin looking in earnest as soon as I can. As much as I'd love to be with my kids full time, I don't want to be with other kids full time, too. Four I could do. Six is too many. But with four, two of them will be mine, and that won't pay the bills.

So! I'm going to go do a sage rub to clear the air, work on E's doll and go to bed. There might be a shower in there somewhere. Just under 5 weeks to go, or just over 4.5, depending on your point of view. And assuming I don't go late. PLEASE don't let me go late: I found myself today hoping that I go into labor early so I can get a break. THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THAT. A newborn is not a break. Not by a long shot. Which is why I think the job hunt will begin in earnest...and that getting back on my meds can't happen soon enough. Perhaps my blog will go back to crafty then! And far less bitching. I'd like that!

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

You're almost there!!!

Domesticrazy said...

Thanks, man. It's so close, and I can't wait to meet her!