Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yeesh!

First and foremost, baby is still within my womb. Out! Out baby! She's not listening. Secondly, my friend that is due tomorrow? Her water broke last night. She's giving birth at home, which scares the hell out of me, but she's just fine with it. Think of Megan and wish her luck...her and her birthing pool in her kitchen. What do you do with the water after? I keep wondering. Thirdly, I have had some intense contractions today. Not regular, not continuing unless I'm up and moving about, but the ones I've had have been doozies. They've worn me out, and I might have nested a little today. After the first two really big contractions, I started cleaning. Cleaning and organizing. Eventually I had to sit down, which caused the contractions to lighten up considerably.

I have no idea if these are "practice" contractions, or if I'm just dilating, or what. Baby's bopping around, so I'm not too worried about it. I figure if I'm really in labor I'll figure it out, and head to the hospital. At least John has stopped fretting around me like an old woman. He's sweet, but for a while there I felt like a pot being watched for a boil. Every sound I made, every time I stretched my back or "oofed" when I sat down he'd whip out the stopwatch and ask if I was having a contraction. Like I said, he's a wonderful and sweet guy. Who loves me and is excited. And whom I'm very happy has removed himself from on top of my head. I'm carryong enough weight as it is.

I'm off to call my Mom and let her know about the intense contractions, so she'll have a head's up for tomorrow if I need her. Next post will either be baby or about our car breaking down yesterday. Excitement either way!

No comments: