Monday, July 6, 2009

Where baby? No. Were-baby.

I'm sitting upstairs with my laptop listening to John record an audition for a movie. It has a lot of funny lines, one about eating his own vomit and another one where he yells "Get me out! Get ME OUT!!!" Which is pretty funny to hear out of context up here. I have a cat on my shoulder/head/stomach depending on what moment we are in. I still have a Wee baby in my belly. Strangers have now started asking when I'm due and they, too, are recommending Jumping Jacks. I'm unsure how to respond to this advice. Smile nicely? Shove a shoe up their ass? Laugh maniacally and pee my pants? I don't know.

On the bright side, I had a really lovely day with my girl. We hung out in bed for a while. We had a leisurely breakfast. She wasn't sent to the corner all day, no tantrums, no drama. She did have an accident during nap time, but a little pee is no big deal. Actually, it's to be expected at this stage. Just before the baby is born and just after is difficult for siblings. Everything is uncertain, and they know things are changing. I'd rather deal with a few accidents than deal with a screaming, unreasonable kid. She's done so well, in fact, that I am taking her to the pool tomorrow! After we go visit Daddy at the office and have a picnic lunch with him. She didn't nap today, and I'm not expecting her to take one tomorrow. Wednesday we're both going to sleep well.

John has decided that tomorrow is when I'm going to have the baby. It's a full moon, and he is convinced we're going to have a were-baby. E came out covered in what we called "monkey hair" which was a soft, fine dark hair on her ears, back and arms. She still has a slightly hairy back. John thinks this one is working hard on making a bigger impression and will come out completely covered in green hair. Believe it or not, he's never been a drug user. He just seems that way, a lot.

We had a fabulous weekend, with a little girl who behaved well and LOVED fireworks. We were able to see a lot of friends at once and a new baby. John and I also figured out that this was our first time watching fireworks together, even though we've known each other for, holy shit, 18 years. I am 31. The only people I have known longer than John are family. He's down there yelling again. I hope this audition goes well. Otherwise he's going to sound like a cracked-out teenager for nothing.

On the name front, we are down to 2 main options, with a "meeting her" clause. To be honest I'm not sure about either name. So not sure, in fact, that I just erased and entire paragraph about our choices. Then again, I'm also in the completely logical state of "This baby will never come out. I'm going to be pregnant forever." Which we all know is not true. Just until next year.

2 comments:

HollyLynne said...

C'mon! Baby!!!
I think it should be a were-baby too. Except without the green hair. Just born on a full moon. i.e., born SOON! :D

Domesticrazy said...

Here here!