Tuesday, August 25, 2009

quiet moment

Forgive errors in this post-I am typing while nursing B and I am not a lefty. It's slow going.

Concerning my last post: I do, in fact, have eyebrows. You just can't tell in those pictures. I'd had a bit to drink.

So far the week is going well, although at around 10 am yesterday I was ready to call someone and tell them how much I f'n hate my job. By 4 we were great, and today's been pretty good. I am letting go of a lot of things here, like making sure everyone eats most of their food. As long as food has entered their system, great. I'm not going to stress about it. Letting go is harder than I ever expected it to be, but that's true in all parts of my life.

I will be posting pictures of the baby soon, just as soon as the awful rash she has clears up. Maybe before, but the poor thing looks like a teenager on steroids. Some of it is the normal baby acne, some appears to be heat rash, maybe. I really don't know. I called the DR and no one there is concerned, so I'm trying to roll with it. I have been dressing her in much cooler clothing, and sometimes just diapers. It's not that hot here, but hell, I'm doing my best. She seems happier nearly nude. Who am I to argue?

Tomorrow I get my IUD, which is a big deal to me. I have never had great experiences with birth control for several reasons. One reason is hormones: messing with mine means meltdowns of epic proportions. My hormones can take me out of ability to function status, so I like to leave them the hell alone when I can. The second reason is my sieve-like memory, which makes the pill ineffective at best. You need to take that sucker every day. Condoms suck. My last OB recommended a spermicide for BC, which I later found out is just as effective as pulling out, but with the added benefit of foam. I am shuddering right now at the memory. So aside from the foamy spermicide after E, which was a short lived effort, I've just been lucky with John. (Pun not intended, but funny) Now I'll be protected for 10 years, able to enjoy myself, and it's hormone free. Things are looking up!

3 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Poor baby . . . poor rash. Hope it goes away soon!

Beans said...

Yeah I remember when I got those things in my arm. They actually had to put me ON estrogen. Talk about Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde syndrome.

Beans said...

Yeah I remember when I got those things in my arm. They actually had to put me ON estrogen. Talk about Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde syndrome.