Friday, September 18, 2009

Time flies!




How the hell has it been over two weeks since my last post?! Oh yeah, baby in the house.

Who is doing well, has clear, smooth, kissable skin now. And who is sleeping in four hour stretches most of the time at night. Hell yeah!

Which is not to say I am not too tired to be rational. Apparently I have been composing blog posts in my head and leaving them there, which explains why I was so surprised when I saw the date of my last post. The naptime posting has been circumvented by my passing out at naptime. Or nursing. I really hate typing more than two words with one hand, so posting while nursing is not an option. To get you up to date:

Sister = married. The ceremony was gorgeous, the day was perfect, and the while thing was stressful as hell for me. The time frame was not set up to handle two children, especially one that was eight weeks old. I didn't have time to nurse or pump, but tried. Once the wedding and reception were over, I was very relieved. The best part was watching my sister and her husband dance; they looked so very happy. I cried more at her wedding than I did at my own. That's how happy I am for her! E did an awesome job as a flower girl. She was spectacular the entire weekend, and we had a great time with her.

B's face has cleared up completely, and I kiss her tons now that I'm not worried about irritating her baby skin. She is smiling, has laughed a few times, and she "talks" to her Dad a ton. I get a little conversation, but she's a Daddy's girl. John is smitten!

I have developed what appears to be a pinched nerve in my left shoulder. I've always carried my stress there, but now it radiates up my neck, down my back and my arm. It hurts like the Dickens. I am setting up a series of closely spaced massages on the area, and if that doesn't work I'm off to the doc. In the meantime John has kindly offered me some of the meds left over from his back. It took a few months, but I am ready to use them if I need to.

E has started preschool, and is LOVING it. She is doing really well as far as we can tell. She has made a friend named Charles. He is the only friend she talks about. Tuesday night she told me that he is brown all over, and that she loves his brown! I just read an article about children and race, so this has the perfect opportunity to talk to her about it. We talked about how Charles looks different, but is the same on the inside, and how much I like all the colors people can come in. She decided she did, too. I hope I handled that well-it's so hard to know how these things will work out. Honestly, though, I am very happy her first friend at school is brown all over. Mine was too, and after that I never worried about the color of my friends, because she had been such a good start.

I have a paid sewing job-I'm making driving aprons for my parents. OK, the paid job is from my parents, but I'll take it. The aprons sell for $65+ on the websites the kids use these days, and they are easy as hell. I might have a new business here. I have three projects lined up after these aprons: a kimono dress from Weekend Sewing, some small blankets for the kids to use as personal space here at the day care, and PJ pants from old sheets for gifts during the fast approaching holiday season. I plan to pair them with a shirt for PJs and maybe a sachet or a book. You know, a bedtime set.

The daycare is going well. The weather has been gorgeous, so we get outside a lot. We've been doing a lot of fun stuff, having a good time for the most part, and getting back into our groove. I think I might be able to hang with this job until I get back through school, which is a whole other post. Now I need to go clean the crap out of a kid's rear, which is my day in a nutshell. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: